Last Revised: January 11, 2019
Information we collect
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, payment details, and billing address;
- your ManchesterCF user ID and password;
- any account-preference information you provide us;
- course progress and other learning data;
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the internet;
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in.
Please note that personal information does not include your name, business title, business address, business telephone number and work email address (“business contact information”) in your capacity as an employee of an organisation.
What we do with your personally identifiable information
We collect personal information from our clients to:
- process and fulfil a request, order, download, or other transaction;
- provide you with access to our digital textbooks and computer-based training;
- provide technical, product and other support;
- respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, we will:
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of ManchesterCF, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our web site(s); research and development; customer and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
ManchesterCF uses “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our website(s).
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the ManchesterCF website when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Notice to European Union users
ManchesterCF‘s operations are located primarily in Canada. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to Canada. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
If you are an individual within the European Economic Area (EEA) you have the right to request access to, rectification of, or deletion of the information you have provided to us. You also have the right to object to or restrict the processing of your personal data and a right to be provided with a copy of your data. Should you have any concerns, please contact us so we can address the issue before filing a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 13 years old to use ManchesterCF‘s website(s) and service(s). ManchesterCF does not knowingly collect information from children under 13.
Questions or comments?
Thank you for choosing ManchesterCF!